Hope’s work has been featured in a variety of media outlets:
- NPR’s “Here and Now” talked to Hope about “the cult of Tesla” –– here’s her interview with the host, Lisa Mullins.
- Hope spoke on the podcast “The VICE Guide to Right Now” about her article “Colleges Are Going About Consent Education All Wrong.”
- Hope challenged an AI platform, which used “swarm” technology, to predict the superfecta (top four horses, in order) at the Kentucky Derby. The swarm nailed the prediction, beating 542-1 odds. Hope placed her (winning) bet on the race, and the story was covered in dozens of outlets worldwide, including CBS News, Newsweek, and ESPN. (Here’s a video about it from WHAS TV.) Hope later discussed the story on Louisville’s NPR station, WFPL, and WHAS radio.
- Because of her extensive coverage of driverless technology, Hope spoke on an hour-long live show for WHYY (Philadelphia’s NPR station) to talk about Uber’s introduction of a driverless fleet in Pittsburgh.
- The New York Review of Books quoted Hope’s article on Uber’s driverless fleet in Pittsburgh.
- Hope co-authored an expose of Amazon Mechanical Turk, an online platform that pays workers pennies per task to train machine learning systems. She appeared on Tech News Today and the Daily Tech News Show to discuss the story.
- Hope spoke on a panel called “The Robot Revolution” at the annual TrustBelt conference.